About a month ago I was reading the book called The lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. This is an amazing novel about a girl who unfortunately gets raped and murdered, but then watches her families experience after her death. And while she is in heaven watching over her family she is still trying to figure out how she died her self. And then she later comes to realize that the person that raped her did not only rape her, he also raped many other younger girls as well. And really this is a very tragic story.
In my opinion, I think that the main character in this book Susie Salmon was a bit too leniant with her time. Meaning that she basically stayed out late and was by her self in big areas in the suburbs. And when she first met her neighbor ( the person who raped her) he did seem a little suspiocious. But I mean, I guess in her mind she was thinking, " well hey, you can't expext anything bad from someone who is trying to sell flowers to you." I think that even though they lived in the suburbs the whole family should have been always aware of their surroundings. The reason why I say that is because bad things don't only happen in the city, a lot of dangerous things can happen in the suburbs because it's twice as worse. I also think that Susie's parents should have been more aware of their new neighbor because if you also watch the movie, he doesn't look like the typical home inviting neighbor. I believe that if Susie's parents were more aware in general including her sister, they would have been able to catch on faster to the neighbors' creepy signs of being a pedifile.
If you read this book, You won't regret it because there are so man emotions that you are going to feel just from Susie expressing how her experience was being raped and what it was like to be in heaven. This novel discribes heaven beautifully but also scary at the same time. And I've realized that this book helped me to focus more on the characters' thoughts and feelings more than just the main plot of the book because I actually felt what these characters felt while reading. So I highly reccommend others to read this book.
No comments:
Post a Comment